Physiologically speaking, healthy erections are all about blood flow. When blood can freely flow into the erectile tissue of your penis, you will find it far easier to get and maintain an erection. When your blood flow is restricted, whether due to a health condition or due to something you ate or drank, you will find it more difficult to get or maintain an erection. If your blood flow is restricted, you might not be able to achieve an erection at all.
Whether you’re concerned about your sexual function, or just want to improve your general health, taking steps to improve blood flow can help you stay fit as well as improve your sex life. The first step you can take is eating a healthy diet. Try eating a healthy diet that’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients and you should be able to improve blood flow.
Here are some foods that you can eat to improve blood flow to your penis.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is known to improve heart health which is directly related to healthy blood flow. In a scientific study data, researchers found that cinnamaldehyde and cinnamic acid, the two of the major organic compounds in cinnamon, can produce nitric oxide and reduce vascular tension.
- Garlic: Garlic is believed to help improving blood flow. In a three-month study, researchers found that regular consumption of garlic may improve endothelial function, helping to relax arteries and increase blood flow throughout the body including the penis.
- Onions: Onions are rich in flavonoid antioxidants, which can help to dilate your arteries and improve your cardiovascular health.
- Citrus fruits: Oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and other citrus fruits contain high levels of flavonoids, which are linked to improved blood flow and heart health. However, if you are using ED medications such as Cenforce 100, it’s best to avoid grapefruit as it can interact with the medicine.
- Dark chocolate: Like onions and citrus fruits, chocolates are also rich in flavonoids that can improve heart function, thus improving blood flow.
- Nitrate-rich vegetables: Some vegetables, such as spinach, beetroot, and collard greens, are rich in nitrates. These are converted into nitric oxide by the body, which can help get a firm erection
- Nuts: Certain nuts, such as almonds and walnuts, are rich in minerals like iron and magnesium that can improve blood flow to the penis.